Are you considering learning coding and are you thinking about Python as a language? In this article I will answer some of the burning questions you might have.
Learning Python coding is one of the top skills in today’s IT industry. That’s because the Python programming language can be used for several purposes. You can use it to create web applications, APIs, standalone applications, artificial intelligence (AI) applications, scripts, videogames and much more.
Do you want to be able to start coding fast and build a skill that will make you valuable in today’s market? It’s time to learn Python.
Let’s answer some common questions!
What is Python Coding Used For?
Python is used to build several types of applications. Some examples are:
- Web applications: imagine you want to build a social network like Facebook, with Python you can do it.
- APIs: API stands for Application Programming Interface and it’s a software that allows two systems to talk to each other and exchange data. For example, the Amazon mobile application talks to one or more Amazon APIs to provide functionalities to its users.
- Standalone applications: you might want to build an application you can run on your computer that pulls data from the Internet and generates reports.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) applications: you can create a neural network that allows you to predict future data based on an existing dataset.
- Scripts: when managing Linux or Windows systems you might want to automate daily repetitive tasks. With Python you can definitely do that. And just with few lines of code.
- Videogames: let’s not forget about having even more fun with programming. Using Python you can create videogames too!
If you are getting started with Python the first step is to understand how to write and run simple Python programs on your computer.
Those are basic programs written in a single file that have a .py extension. We will see how to execute them later in this article.